Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Super 8 chat room started

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Scottness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2001
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I thought a chat room for Super 8 might be an interesting idea - I have no experience with them but I've just set one up through bravenet as a trial - I don't know if they're a good provider - but it's free - so nothing to lose.

    Anyway it's at:

    http://pub21.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/1732721710

    if you want to give it a go - any advice or feedback is welcome

    There might not be enough traffic to sustain it - but it's worth a go anyway I guess

    Scot

  2. #2
    Inactive Member oldasdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good luck,Scott,hope it picks up momentum.It's pretty quiet right now,but then I'm a catch as catch can guy so maybe I've just been there at the dead time.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I see two ways to make this work.

    One is if someone is making a feature in super-8 and the feature is creating industry buzz. Perhaps a well known actor is in the Super-8 feature, or the budget is at least a couple hundred thousand dollars and the budget has been approved by a network or distributor. Many other filmmakers would love to get daily chat updates as to how the production is going.

    The other way for a Super-8 chatroom to work would be if all the Super-8 forums on the net put a link button on their forums to the chat room. Whenever an arguement or discussion occurs that will is of interest to a very small group of people, the chat room would be a good place to continue the discussion.

    The down side to a chatroom is I assume whatever information is generated during the chat room discussion is it disappears quite rapidly and the info is no longer accessible for others to benefit from.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •